I have just finished my OSCP Exam, literally. I wish I could talk more about it but I respect offensive security’s policy.
I was a little apprehensive before the exam, but the following really helped me, I hope it can help others:
- Use ‘script’ to record activity
- Use terminator instead for multi-tabs and split terminals
- Start around 2/3pm so you can sleep for 4–5 hours around midnight if needed. Starting too late or early is not good.
- Don’t overthink it
- Don’t overlook the basics, ever
- Do not copy exploits, you may leave in wrong values like port numbers
- Make a new copy of each exploit script so you have all old versions, you may need to go back a few and won’t remember how or why you got there
- Rotate machines ~3 hours for each one
- Organize notes and exploits before the exam
- Remember the context of the exam
- Have Fun!